Artificial Turf and Concrete Fencing......

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

Im laying artificial turf in my garden. I have done it before, but the area was much easier to plan.

I have concrete post and boards in this part of the garden and want to run the grass right upto it.... So basically Im struggling with a technique to accurately level the area so that I can do this.

My initial thoughts were that I would use a permimeter 4x1 staked and use this as a screed level and then tuck the carpet down the back against the concrete fence. But looking now the posts protrude about 3-4cm when the recomnded gap for tucking is 1cm.

My next option is to loose fit some screed rails for the hardcore base and then use some inch pipe to screed surface layer into the gaps of the fence and then fill.... Id then cut the carpet right up against the fence line.

Id be much more comfortable with a fixed perimter board, but i cant cope with a gap that weeds come through...... decisions decisions...

If i fixed a perimter away from the fence and then filled both sides and fitted the carpet to the fence and left the boards in place, would they cause problems in future? I.e rot and cause the base to sag?

Help apprecited, Im obsessed with getting an true/level lawn, as my son will want to play cricket and football on it!!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back