Concrete Gravel boards on wooden Fence Posts???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya guys,

1st post so im hoping this is enough info.

I have a lovely garden however the garden slopes down from one end to another. The fence panels have also seen better days so whilst we are in the pandemic i thought id get my fence replaced. The fence posts are wooden and are in solid and still in good condition.

So my idea was to rip off the fence, use concrete gravel boards and new fence panels to create a level fence.

Has anyone managed to, or know of any pitfalls in using concrete gravel boards with wooden fecne posts? and if you have done this already, how was it acheived.

Thanks in advance

Abz

Sponsored Links
Aww you legend - thank you I’ll try that.

thanks again Abz

I scraped a bit of a trough in the ground for my gravel boards, so they are somewhat sunk, to reduce the amount of weeds and animals getting underneath them. You do, however, need to provide several Hedghog Highways, especially at the corners of the garden, and ensure they do not get blocked. A large garden will need extra ones, end and sides.

Sponsored Links
Measure all the post distances first ! You can't chip or saw bits off a concrete board to make it fit !

Lol thanks guys, tbh I didn’t even consider that. I’ll make sure I measure up everything properly prior to sledging away at the current fence lol.

thanks all - stay safe everyone

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back