asbestos-containing ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am planning on removing the asbestos-containing popcorn ceiling from three small closets (12 sq ft each) in my home. (The rest has been professionally removed.) I have extensively read about the proper procedures and, as a handyman, am prepared to do so safely. My 2 questions are:
1. Is it legal for a homeowner in CA to do this?
2. What is the process for a homeowner to properly dispose of a small amount of asbestos in San Diego? My internet searches have been fruitless on this point. I suspect that the city government does not want to disseminate this information. All I have found is instructions for professionals, describing a process which is impossibly cumbersome for a private homeowner. And no information on the cost.

Read more: http://www.doityourself.com/forum/walls-ceilings/486054-asbestos-ceiling-removal.html#ixzz2HWbZ8NyS

Sponsored Links
I'm sorry mucka but you want to be posting on your "local" DIY sites as I think that even tho the regs on Asbestos removal must be the same across the water I couldn't tell you what to do in CA or the process of asbo' removal in San Diego. But if you want someone to come over and look at the job and can put us up for a month or two then I think a few of the lads on here and myself will be over to help if you can send us the money up front to purchase our tickets.. ;) Good luck...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back