Does this ceiling look like it contains asbestos?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm in the process of getting my bathroom re-modelled and bits of the ceiling have dropped off. I have attached a pic of the plasterboard. I have ordered a testing kit but it won't arrive for a few days. My main concern is that due to the age of the house that it might contain asbestos. Is anyone familiar with this type of stuff?

Sponsored Links
I have a similar issues this week with the plasterboard on the underside of my stairs. I started taking it out to tighten up the stairs and notice strings in the plasterboard so I quickly sealed it off and book a survey. They should come next week.

Sponsored Links
1950s there were fibreboard type materials used. Plasterboard shortages ment other materials were used and that looks like one that's been plastered over. Maybe. Not sure of may facts but found many board types on older homes over the years. Don't help when it's been covered with plaster and paint. Artex and sometimes asbestos fillers. Very often puzzling what you are looking at

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back