Asbestos in Artex (i think)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, i recently moved into a new flat which had lumps of crap all over the ceiling which i sanded, scraped off. I then found out that old artex could contain asbestos which i breathed in.

Can anyone identify this as being artex?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi, I'm just a bit worried because i have my partner and 8 month old baby living in the same flat and the dust went everywhere.

All i wanted to find out was if this looks like Artex as i can't find any pictures of what is left when scrapped off. I can't really see this as being anything else and it looks like the previous tenants might of attempted to remove it but given up as it looks really patchy.

I take it by your comment that it's probably nothing to worry about?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
A good plasterer would skim the ceiling for you leaving it nice and flat.Or overboard and skim the ceiling. If the old artex did contain asbestos, the skim would effectively seal it in. ;) ;)

If that`s artex my arsehole`s a lemon - to coin an old builder`s saying :mrgreen:

Hi all, thanks for all your comments but i had to get an asbestos guy to check it out for 114 quid!!!!....I dont think it was artex in the end!!!!!!

Thanks everyone

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back