Worried about artex, possible Asbestos exposure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
The other day I was looking up at my Artex ceiling as am going to paint it and cover up any holes. While I was looking up at the ceiling, I felt something go up my noise and felt funny (almost like a burning sensation). Am assuming this was dust from the Artex? My artex was applied in 1995, but am concerned it could of been Asbestos dust? Am a bit worried about this. Any help would be greatly appreciated,
regards
Thomas .

Sponsored Links
Probably an ant, asbestos causes no irritation [until you die of lung cancer].

Sponsored Links
Don't worry :D

1 Asbestos was banned from 1999

2 Artex stopped using asbestos in the 1980's, and the likelihood is that any similar product did too

3 Asbestos is a dust, a cloud of it will make you sneeze or cough like any other dust, it is non irritant on skin and does not cause burning sensations, the problems it causes in the body are the result of it being there a long time.

4 I have inhaled more than I like to think about and never had any reaction at the time.

5 Whatever you inhaled that caused a burning sensation it's more likely to be an insect or another dust, like that horrible sensation you get in your throat after taking down old net curtains for washing ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back