ASHP - mixing microbore and 15mm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Some of you on here by now know I'm contemplating a Dan Foss AQ ASHP with maxi controller.

After installation of the heat pump we plan to oversize rads and eventually replace our 10-12mm microbore with 15mm. I say eventually as we're looking at it as a long run plan.

Question is....

Is there an issue with running some rads on 15mm while others are on 10mm microbore during this transistional process?

i.e. we might do just down stairs for now with 15mm and do upstairs at a later date, we may also add a few extra rads with 15mm pipework around the house.

Sponsored Links
Don't do it mate!! They cost a fortune to run at <8C. Ask the Greenwash used car salesman about the COP at -14C, that's when you'll need it the most & that's when it'll cost a fortune to run.
Just sit there & watch that leccy meter turn - like a hamster on a wheel!!

Hmmm, I thought that we'd helped you to see the light... :D

Beware of the dark side...

Sponsored Links
You had....but we have real issues with planning permission and space. After speaking to one installer he said I was having a laugh to fit a log gasification in the area I posted up here. Yes it technically fits but not to be practical or meet building regs and maintenance.

Still got a guy coming on Saturday to talk biomass solutions however.

Just exploring options guys....an ASHP is looking like an option as eveything else is just getting thumbs down from installers. It's not going to run at optimum effeciency but it'll be better than LPG cylinders.

in repsonse to -14c...coldest i've seen here is about -8c and that was once in a blue moon. Lets not forget how good it wil be in the summer combined with our PVs.

Anyways got any suggestions on my question?...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back