ASKO WM200 drain pump replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello - ASKO 20005 WM200 front loading washer circa 1996.
Drain pump doesn't always kick in, resulting in F3.

Original part no longer available. Have been sent a pattern replacement but the pump housing only has an inlet and an outlet port - the pump on the machine has an extra two ports on the inlet side of the pump housing - one is the drain off for the housing and no idea where the other originates from.

I am thinking of just swapping over the motor and retaining the old pump housing.
Is this possible or am I wasting my time?

Many thanks

20170606_140313.jpg
20170606_141638.jpg

Sponsored Links
Does one of the pipes go to a pressure switch ( usually located in the area above the drum)? If so blow down it & ensure it is not blocked, that may be what your F3 is caused by. It might be a good idea to remove the drain hose & try to clean the impeller inside the housing.

Update: It became obvious that I needed to keep the same pump housing with the four connections. I took the pump motor off the back of the housing and found that it was made by Plason - a mainstream manufacturer.

I took the motor off the new pump assembly and it fitted perfectly into the original housing. I didn't even need to undo any hose clips as the motor can be swapped with the housing in situ. The pump support bracket at the base just swaps over. Here is to another 21 years of faithful service.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back