Astra 1.7d losing life

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
My first post as I've got a problem with a car I've just bought. Its a 1.7 astra merit diesel K Reg with the vauxhall engine.
I only bought it yesterday after a lengthy test drive but on my way home up a steep hill in third the engine seemed to lose power and the revs died for a few seconds, I stuck it into 2nd but it only seemed to recover after pumping the accelerator slightly. It did this again coming through lanes uphill in 3rd making me think it doesn't like being ragged in 3rd very much. Also this morning stopped at a junction it seemed to be revving too high as I waited to pull away.
Any idea what this could be?
Thanks for any ideas,
Tom

Sponsored Links
This could be absolutely anything, and pumping the accelerator should have no affect on a diesel!!!
I would suggest you give it a full service first- all the filters, oil, etc, and run some injector cleaner through it- i suspect that your diesel and air filters are well past their sell by. Does it smoke a lot as well?

Thanks noflame....no it doesn't smoke at all really.
Guess a filter change might be a good start...I was thinking it could be something to do with the fuel filter, or maybe fuel pump.

Sponsored Links
Back