At Last .... Common Sense Prevails

Sponsored Links
"Kirrin Medcalf, head of trans inclusion at Stonewall, said "Hate Crime Operational Guidance was “vital” because one in eight trans people had been assaulted at work. “Police must be able to record hate incidents so it’s important that this ruling re-affirmed that the guidance is lawful,” he said. “As a society, we must find ways to better support the two in five trans people who have faced a hate crime or incident in the last year.”

Then do then perpetrators for assault, rather than some spurious thought crime. There is already a framework in place to make sure innocent victims have justice.

Nozzle

Hate crime is unpleasant, but I feel sometimes it's blown out of proportion. There has been people prosecuted for saying things on twitter. We are not a dictatorship and free speech should be encouraged.

Sponsored Links
Hate crime is unpleasant, but I feel sometimes it's blown out of proportion. There has been people prosecuted for saying things on twitter. We are not a dictatorship and free speech should be encouraged.
I dont understand this no platforming that goes on in universities.

If people have abhorrent views they should be heard so they can be discredited.
obviously blatant inciting of hatred and racism cant be tolerated.

remember Nick Griffin BNP leader on question time

If someone politely says they hate me (or do something to me), is that a hate incident?

Or is it not because I don't have any protected characteristics despite me perceiving it as such?

All. This transgenda caper

Woman's Olympics ect will. Be full. Of all. These fruit cakes in the athletics

Jeez us wept

The lunatics are taking over the asylum
:LOL:

14000 plus of these fruit cakes are clogging up the NHS waiting to see some consultant about gender reassignment

:LOL:

Problem being is online you can say what you want, and have little fear of any repercussions from it. If you said half the things people said online in person, then there would be trouble. I think things like racism, shouldn't be tolerated. However, people do and should have the right to free speech if they wish to do so.

Then do then perpetrators for assault, rather than some spurious thought crime. There is already a framework in place to make sure innocent victims have justice.

Nozzle
There is, in the case of an assault where there is a racial or other bias then the assault is one charge and the hate crime is either a reason to increase the sentence or a separate crime (if that is a separate crime). If you beat someone up the. That's a crime, if you start using racial epithets that's a crime, if you do both at the same time it's two crimes and because theres a racial motive we as a nation take a dim view and the sentencing guidelines are harsher.

I'm this case the alleged crime was 'hate speech'. The court looked at it and decided that it wasn't hate speech.

Looking at the original posts what was said was unpleasant, but that doesn't mean it's criminal.

The system worked.

Some things of Twitter are, and should be, prosecuted. This is a good thing.

Stalking, racist abuse, threats of violence and probably a load more. Those should be prosecuted, probably more than they are at present.

This concept of recording hate incidents has got out of hand. There may have once been some sensible logic to it, perhaps to prevent crime. But now its become thought police boarding on harassment. We have better things for the police to do. They will show up on a DBS check, so they are not without impact.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back