AT THE END OF MY TETHER....PHONE CABLE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know where i can purchase a house phone 3pin plug with RJ13P Modular jack connection at the other end?

if you dont know what one it is its because its really rare, and one that alessi use in their expensive designer phone (blame the wife). it looks like a rj111 but for some reason they have decided that the wee clip that you depress to insert the clip ON THE LEFT INSTEAD OF THE MIDDLE!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE help me we havent had a phone in 2 weeks and its driving me mad trying to find one.

the original was a euro plug device connected to a cumbersome uk convertor but alessi didnt take into account that sticking out 7inches from the plug socket is not a good design feature, and hence it has been snapped off.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
If it is actually a DEC MMJ (Modified Modular Jack), you can buy the plugs here to make up your own cord:

http://www.homestead.co.uk/productcategorydetail.aspx?categoryid=51266

You'll probably have a hard time finding a suitable ready-made cord, since it won't be a standard configuration but the manufacturer's own pinout.

By the way, the RJ13P designation on that page for the MMJ is as incorrect as the widely misused RJ45 is for an 8P8C computer network jack.

Sounds like you have broken the power supply and need a new one? You'll be looking at a manufacturers spare part in that case..

Please tell me you're not thinking of connecting the mains directly? I wonder this because of the first line in your post.. "house phone 3pin plug with RJ13P Modular jack"

Sounds like you have broken the power supply and need a new one? You'll be looking at a manufacturers spare part in that case..

Please tell me you're not thinking of connecting the mains directly? I wonder this because of the first line in your post.. "house phone 3pin plug with RJ13P Modular jack"

Yep i am.

The exisitng one was also a plug but was european 2 pin which then connected to a euro to uk plug convertor.

Yep i am.

The exisitng one was also a plug but was european 2 pin which then connected to a euro to uk plug convertor.

Are you sure it was just a plug? That would mean a 240V supply being connected to the phone via a modular plug and jack! :eek:

I think you'll find the Euro-plug end is actually a transformer. Any chance of some pictures?

Yep i am.

Are you sure it was just a plug? That would mean a 240V supply being connected to the phone via a modular plug and jack! :eek:

I think you'll find the Euro-plug end is actually a transformer. Any chance of some pictures?

No mate its defo a euro power plug (with the 2 pegs), this then went into a uk plug convertor, basically taking the 2 pegs and converting to 3 pin output.

i have no pics, but looking on ebay i see quite a few BT power adapters with RJ111 connectors on the other end so it must be quite common, but my prob is the mmj jack so sooooooo rare.

looking on ebay i see quite a few BT power adapters with RJ111 connectors on the other end so it must be quite common

Yes, but those are power adapters which step the 240V AC supply down to low voltage AC or DC for the unit. They're not connecting 240V directly via the modular jack.

What's the model number of the phone? Maybe we can find it online.

looking on ebay i see quite a few BT power adapters with RJ111 connectors on the other end so it must be quite common

Yes, but those are power adapters which step the 240V AC supply down to low voltage AC or DC for the unit. They're not connecting 240V directly via the modular jack.

What's the model number of the phone? Maybe we can find it online.

Its an alessiphone: like this.

http://www.heals.co.uk/Gadgets/Alessi-Phone-by-Stefano-Giovannoni/invt/959779?source=119_4

Its going to be easier for us all if you can post up a pic of the damaged plug, surely with a phone that expensive you have a digital camera?

In the short term just buy a cheapy corded phone, can get them for a fiver most places.

Its going to be easier for us all if you can post up a pic of the damaged plug, surely with a phone that expensive you have a digital camera?

In the short term just buy a cheapy corded phone, can get them for a fiver most places.

i'm at work at the mo. but will post up pics tonight

No mate its defo a euro power plug (with the 2 pegs), this then went into a uk plug convertor, basically taking the 2 pegs and converting to 3 pin output.

the original was a euro plug device connected to a cumbersome uk convertor but alessi didnt take into account that sticking out 7inches from the plug socket is not a good design feature, and hence it has been snapped off.

I'm wondering if the cumbersome U.K. converter actually houses the transformer and the two-pin plug which connects to it is not a standard 230V Euro-plug but one used just to connect to the low-voltage output.

A quick search shows up many sources for the phone, but I couldn't find any pictures or other details easily to show the power arrangements. The photos later will certainly help.

Sorry guys,

but i lost the cable from the digital camera so cant post the pics. The plug details are as follows though:
the plug states:
MODEL - SA-A151MW
INPUT - 100-240V.50/60Hz 02A
OUTPUT - 5.1V-0.7A
Its made by LG NORTEL.

This then connects into basic looking 3 pin plug which has a fuse in it but nothing else.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back