Atom Kablo brand

Sponsored Links
Gents.

We have just been informed about this forum and needed to comment since there is plenty of incorrect information.

Atom Kablo is a BASEC%LPCB approved cable manufacturer exporting its products to the UK market more than 15 years.

Atom Kablo hold BASEC certificate for about 8 years, is not a new BASEC approved company. Within this period company had successfully complied with requirements and created its reputation in the UK market.

At the moment Atom Kablo is definetly the leading cable exporter from Turkey to the UK for low volate cabels, where Turkey has about 30% share in total UK's low voltage cable imports. In 2010 we exported 78m USD, majority to the UK market. This may be an indication the demand for this brand in the UK market. No one continues to buy non-quality cable. We have stable supply to the UK with an increasing trend.

In Perpa we only had a showroom, which does not exist at the moment. Our head office is not in that place and we have no association with other compenies which are located there.

Meaning of KABLO word in English is precise and it is not nice and polite to give other meanings and to generalize and associate some non-quality companies with countries or with other companies from the same country.

These information are for clarification.

In case you have any query you can anytime contact [email protected]

Regards,

Atom Kablo San. ve Tic. A.S.
www.atom.com.tr

Thank you. Could please explain if you are the same company as Atlas Kablo or a completely different, separate and non related company?

You can see our BASEC certificates on Official BASEC website.

http://www.basec.org.uk/Cables/Basec-Search-Results?ClientID=A1487#Company

With effect from Thursday 8 July 2010, the BASEC product marking licence issued to Atlas Kablo Sanayi Ticaret Anonim Sirketi has been withdrawn and cancelled.

As We said "Atom Kablo is a BASEC%LPCB approved cable manufacturer exporting its products to the UK market more than 15 years.

Atom Kablo hold BASEC certificate for about 8 years, is not a new BASEC approved company. Within this period company had successfully complied with requirements and created its reputation in the UK market."

In case you have any query you can anytime contact atom[at]atom.com.tr

Regards,

www.atom.com.tr
[/url]

Hmmm interesting... I used an independent wholesaler and was supplied this cable yesterday.
I was very dubious as it has a really strange appearance.
I decided not to install until i could verify its legit so this morning I was checking the basec credentials before i used it and google threw up this thread.
ATOM are BASEC certified so i am going to go ahead.
Cant comment on ease of use , but i will once i have used it.
I will try and put a pic up...its shaped like speaker cable !!

Thank you. Could please explain if you are the same company as Atlas Kablo or a completely different, separate and non related company?
I missed that at the time, so as the topic has been resurrected anyway..

TTC - if there had been an English company called Atlas Cables who had made dodgy products, would you be asking another English Company, Atom Cables, to explain their relationship, or not, to Atlas Cables?

Sponsored Links
So how many letters of the company names have to match before you start asking one of them to clarify their relationship to the other?

Just the first, e.g. as in Doncaster and Draka?

The first 2, as in Doncaster and Dongguan?

Do you operate some kind of "bulls and cows" scoring system?

I have seen similar minimum sheathed cable used on the continent and having been installed without due care the CPC had come out the sheath in at least two places.

Not all "certified" materials comply with the requirements of the certifying organisation. Most times this is due to a lapse in quality control but too often it is an intentional act to ignore some of the requirements in order to reduce production costs.

Ive seen cable installed without due care too. I dont think the fact that it looks like this one would make any difference.
Cant comment on your other point, not without speaking to my solicitor.
Well i think the general consensus is that if something looks different it should be treated with extreme prejudice. :(

Anyone intrested in a few metres of 6mm continental KABLO?

Cant comment on your other point, not without speaking to my solicitor.
I didn't mention any names for that reason.
Well i think the general consensus is that if something looks different it should be treated with extreme prejudice. :(

Prejudice or caution. Often it is more caution than prejudice.

Sometimes the sub standard or forged items look identical to the genuine good quality item. It only when one traces back along the supply chain to source that concerns are first raised.

Anyone intrested in a few metres of 6mm continental KABLO?
No Thanks

Again to mention, cables we produce are according to related standards/certification.

Regarding 6242Y cables according to BS6004, the shape of the cable do comply with BS6004 standard. Compared to traditional methods this may look different, but this does not make the cable substandard.

Additionally this new design makes the cable easy strippable.

Regards,

www.atom.com.tr

[/url]

Just a quick update to this cable.
Had to do an EICR on this install due to change of tenancy. The kablo was fine readings all checked out with no deteration.
Bought some 1.5 from Newys and it was atom kablo. :D
Don't fear the kablo !! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back