Attaching DPM to underfloor void walls

Joists are pocketed into external walls which are cavity and have had some of the blown insulation fitted. Any new joists that I’ve had to replace have had their ends and where they sit on a sleeper wall covered in Blackjack.

Think I’m going to stick with putting the dpm over the joists and sealing all the gaps around the floorboard to skirting. This should be the best to limit any moisture from rising into the room.

I’ve also added a couple more air bricks to the lounge front wall, the one adjacent to the party wall I have made a double to improve the ventilation in the alcoves around the chimney which is where the worst of the rotted joists have been. Also made a few more holes in the sleeper walls. With clearing all the rubbish off the oversite this should be about as good as I can achieve.

Richard

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back