Attaching fixings to shower/wetwall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We have had wetwall installed installed in our shower cubicle and now want to put up a couple of shower baskets. I've got marine grade stainless woodscrews to replace the ones that came with the baskets but is there anything special I need to do so I don't damage the finish and waterproofness of the actual wetwall itself?

TIA

Rob.

Sponsored Links
Is it ply back walling?, install baskets then remove screw inject a small amount of clear silicon and refit.

It's genuine wetwall:
"Wetwall panels are constructed of Medite Exterior Grade MDF, covered on the face with high pressure laminate and balancing laminate to the back of the panel."

I don't want to damage the outward facing laminate surface and end up with the possibility of water getting between the laminate and MDF - like you say I think silicone should prove to be the answer along with drilling the hole the right size for the screw! (might even invest in a new drill bit :D )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back