Some shower / cubicle questions...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm in the process of replacing a shower cubicle and new electric shower, well, nearly finished actually.

Just a couple of stupid questions:

1. Do you need to apply sealant around the edges of an electric shower? Nothing seems to suggest you do and I can't remember ever seeing it, but what stops water getting behind / into the shower and into the nice big hole into the wall behind the shower?

2. The tiled walls are not completely flat so where I attach one of the two uprights for the shower cubicle (it's a corner jobbie) there is a section (about 150mm or so long) where the gap between the upright and the tiles is quite large (maybe 20mm at its worst). How should I go about filling this gap? Should I bother? It's about 4 feet off the ground and the other side is a tiled area so it doesn't really matter if this gets splashed.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Maybe this piccy clears up question 2 (or maybe not!)

tray.bmp

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back