How can I make a tiled shower wall waterproof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a rectangular shower cubicle in the corner of the bathroom, against fully tiled walls, but we have had some leakage into the room below.

A friend thinks the tile grout isn't too good and suggested removing it and adding new grout. A more drastic option would be to remove the tiles totally and re-tile the walls. This would mean the shower cubicle having to come out too.

I have had the idea (meaning brain wave really) ..

Could I get some of that aqua-panel type material, or something similar and glue it to the existing tiles on the two internal walls of the cubicle. Then by adding a suitable corner strip and perhaps end strips too 9or just plain old silicone sealant) I would have a totally waterproof shower without too much hassle.

Would my idea work .. or is there a better way

thanks

Sponsored Links
I have shower panel in my shower room, simple to fit , only problem with working over existing tile is the shower tray edge may not be deep enough.?
Will reduce walls by around 10-11mm.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back