Attaching upvc window frames to upvc French door frame.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I plan to attach a new window frame to an existing French door frame. Both are 70mm profile and will be side by side. What should I use to secure them to one another? Are there proprietry fixings available?
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
if both profiles are from the same manufacturer you should be able to buy a jointing strip.if not,you're going to have to just screw them together and put a 25mm trim over the joint,dont forget any glass closer than 300mm to a french needs to be annealed.

dont forget any glass closer than 300mm to a french needs to be annealed.

A what ? Where did you hear that rubbish ?

Sponsored Links
Obviously not ! Never had anything " not passed " with top side lights above 900mm not being toughened or laminated .

To get away with annealed glass it would have to be bloody thick so as not to break under impact.

taz, we use window depot in sutton Coldfield. I see u r in the midlands, hopefully not too far, they sell the jointing strips for this thing 0121 311 2666

HTH :)

The gent at the double glazing shop assured me I could screw the 2 70mm profile frames together and also sold me a 28mm wide strip to cover the seam. Looks fine to me.
Thanks to you guys for your replies.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back