Attaching wallplates, help/advise please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i am building a garage, 7m x 4m.

walls have been done, all lintels etc in, now was told to bed the wallplates ontop of mortar then screw them then use straps also. the roof is gonna be a slight pitch with board and felt.

my questions is., yesterday i bedded the wallplates on the mortar and they have not taken at all. is there something different i need to do with the mix to make the wood stick?? or is it just a layer?? the mortar has set nicely but the wood just lifts straight off.

thx.

Sponsored Links
i am building a garage, 7m x 4m.

walls have been done, all lintels etc in, now was told to bed the wallplates ontop of mortar then screw them then use straps also. the roof is gonna be a slight pitch with board and felt.

my questions is., yesterday i bedded the wallplates on the mortar and they have not taken at all. is there something different i need to do with the mix to make the wood stick?? or is it just a layer?? the mortar has set nicely but the wood just lifts straight off.

thx.

I have answered this question in another section.

DON'T DOUBLE POST! :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back