Attachments not opening other end

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 2007 Word saved document which I have sent to a few people as an attachment but they are unable to open it. (Remember this?)

I have since found that 2007 is saving the Document as an exe file or . dot doc file and that is the problem. How do I save my files in a way that other computers can open them?

Also sending a .exe program through YOUSEND IT will not open at the other end! :cry:

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Try sending the .exe by changing .exe to .doc, then tell the receiving party to change it back OR send it by zipping.

When saving the word 2007 doc, do a save as & save as 2003, or tell the receiver to install the office 2007 view its free

Thanks and will try ithe update.

I have a program i am trying to send but most can't open it. I tried zipping it which went ok but the recipient couldn't open. :(

Is there a way I can send a program that everyone will be able to open? :(

Sponsored Links
I have a 2007 Word saved document which I have sent to a few people as an attachment but they are unable to open it. (Remember this?)

I have since found that 2007 is saving the Document as an exe file or . dot doc file and that is the problem. How do I save my files in a way that other computers can open them?

Also sending a .exe program through YOUSEND IT will not open at the other end! :cry:

Thanks

Sure about .exe file?? Not .docx? .docx is the extension for the default document file format used by Word in Office 2007, as is .xlsx for Excel in the same package.
Try 'save as' a format which recipient is known to be able to open.

SaveAs.jpg

:)

You could also print it to a pdf, then email the pdf.
So many ways to skin that cat. :LOL:

Sure about .exe file?? Not .docx? .docx is the extension for the default document file format used by Word in Office 2007, as is .xlsx for Excel in the same package.
Try 'save as' a format which recipient is known to be able to open.

:)

Thanks and I have sorted the Documents. How can I send exe programs and be sure they will open at the other end :?: I tried zipping but would not open.

Save it with a different extension, email get the receive to re change the extension to the .exe.
Its worked for me, so has zipping & sending

Thanks Diy but how do I change a program as it is already on my desktop in its current form? Are you saying I am able to change a program's properties? :D

Sponsored Links
Back