Lost aliases for Documents File on iMac

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I can't access any saved Document files although the files appear in the Finder Documents folder.
The back ground is that I wanted to save the documents folder to a memory stick. SO I duplicated the documents folder and saved the duplicate to a memory stick. All seemed to progress successfully as indeed I have done previously. Seeing the folder on the Memory stick and the two folders in the Finder menu i.e. the original and the duplicate, I then deleted the duplicate = Hey Presto I thought.
The following day I tried to access the original files from the Finder documents folder only to get a message that the file can't be opened because the original item cannot be found. The files are in the folder document list but I am unable to open them.
No problem I thought I will have a look at the files on the Memory stick, only to find the same result.
I looked into the trash Folder and there is no documents folder in the trash.
I have as it appears lost all access to the files from Finder Folder , Memory Stick, although they are listed and file sizes compatible with the contents are listed but I can't open the files.
I have tried the procedure for re-establishing the aliases of 'Get Info' etc etc but that was unsuccessful.
Can anyone get me out of this hole as I separately need to view these files.
I was aware of possible issues as such I completed the saving process using duplicated folder and assumed I was safe.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Back