Restoring from a Hard Drive Back Up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am using Vista as my OS. I have bought a Hard Drive and used the Windows Utility to produce a backup of my Laptop.
I rather thought that I would simply restore to the back up conditions by commanding restore. Oh No, it is not so simple.
I use the restore Utility and after a few Next operations, I get options for Add Files or Add Forlders. Selecting either of these gives listing of all sorts of folders or files which quite frankly I have never heard of, so I don't know what to do to re-establish my laptop to the back-up condition.
I am sure it must be easy, but it appears me being a Numpty doesn't Help.
I also can't find a file or folder relating to WinMail, although I am sure it must have been backed up as I just used the Vista back up facility.
Please Help.

Sponsored Links
Is this any help http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial145.html[/QUOTE]

Thanks Tony,
Unfortunatly that link is for a Complete PC recovery and this is only available with Vists, Ultimate, Business and Enterprise versions. The Home version does not have that facility. I have looked throught he tutorials available on that site and at the moment I can't see a recovery tutorial for Vista Home. It's got to be easy as Vista Home is for Numpties such as me, I just must be a bigger Numpty than I thoughtThanks anyway for the help.

Sponsored Links
Back