Attempted hijacking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On a lovely topic about a romance between two good DIYnotters:

joe-90 said:
Just had a look on the map where Ashland City is and I see it is near a place called 'Clarksville'. Wikipedia reckons this is the place the Monkees caught the last train to.

That lame attempt at changing the subject didn't work, so it was followed up with this, a mere five posts later:

joe-90 said:
An interesting bit of trivia about the Monkees is that Mike Nesmith's mum invented Liquid Paper! (Tip-ex).

She built it up into a huge corporation which she sold in the 1980s for $50 million.

She left much of it to charity. Son Mike is also a well-known philanthropist.

Apart from the trivia being not interesting at all (and incorrect), this post was another lame attempt at changing a nice topic into something else. Why?

Sponsored Links
Which bit was incorrect? Kev VISITED Clarksville station. If that isn't a connection - then you tell me what is.

And in what way is what I posted 'not nice'?

You go back to your philandering ways - cuz that's not very nice is it?

Liquid Paper is not Tipp-Ex and Tip-Ex is not spelt like that.

Sponsored Links
notb665 said:
Liquid Paper is not Tipp-Ex and Tip-Ex is not spelt like that.

You tell me the difference between Liquid Paper and Tipp-Ex then!

Oh and if you are stooping so low that you are picking up spelling mistakes - then you're losing the plot.

Take a look at this then.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tipp-Ex

They are both brands of CORRECTION FLUID. Just like Duckhams and Castrol are types of oil.

Why don't you drop out of the thread before you make an even bigger fool out of yourself?

Oh and the connection is:

"Last train to Clarksville" is a popular song about the station that Kev visited.

It was by the Monkees.

Mike Nesmith was a member of the Monkees.

His mother made a fortune out of a correction fluid named Liquid Paper.

Get a life!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back