Attention garage owners

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Can anyone help me? Im looking to work in the motor trade, ive been tinkering for years and would love the opportunity to learn more, ie technicaly correct etc, i know my way round a car and im willing to work long hours and weekends. i would be happy to work for free during any trial period, if someone would give me a break, i have transport and will travel anywhere in Yorkshire, even further if required thanks.

Dave

Sponsored Links
Look out on ebay / amazon for a book called "fundamentals of motor vehicle technology" and you'll learn all the tech stuff you'll ever need.
As for getting 'work' in a garage you just have to do some door knocking, but without any qualifications I think you'll struggle to find anyone who'll let you do much more than an oil filter change! If you spent 6 months of studying that book, you could pass C&G level 1 and probably 2 without much aggro.

Hi Neo

Ive ordered the book, thanks for that, but just to add that i am capable of rebuilding an engine, but I do need the every day experiences including diagnostics. Cheers for the advice fella.

Sponsored Links
Back