Attic Room - Damp patches after re-roof, please help!

Sponsored Links
If you can reach from your skylight you can get a small piece of lead say 10" square and slide it under the tile above where you have highlighted and cover the gap then that should solve your damp.

Sponsored Links
managed to get a picture of the back of the stack taken from next door's vellum window. You can see our house is ago 5 courses higher but not sure if the image shows any obvious signs why damp would be getting in?

Hi,

Both backgutters pictured have little or no sole plate. The soleplate is the base of the backgutter and should be at least 100mm (4") wide.
The first backgutter shown is self flashing as opposed to having a separate piece of flashing coming over it like it should.
Also it does not go far enough up the roof under the slates.
Added to that the leadwork looks terrible. What with the fact the bond has been broken as well I would be getting the company back to look at this as they should sort it out for you free of charge.
If one of my lads produced work like that they would be fired on the spot I'm afraid.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back