Audi TT or Subaru Impreza

Sponsored Links
Both very different cars as mentioned.

Are you slightly taller? Headroom may be an issue in the TT. Want to carry more than 2 people in comfort from time to time? The back seats can only comfortably accommodate children.

More style conscious? Then the TT scores more strongly.

A site I found a while back that allows you to compare tech specs on cars easily may help:

http://tinyurl.com/ywckhr

Hope it helps!

The new TT has far better lines than the old one, it's been hardened up for the better i would say, and now between that and an impreza then i would definitely take the TT.

But the R8 now that's a whole different story, that's quite a car.

They're completely different cars and shouldn't be compared so the solution is to buy one of each!!

Ones for poseurs and ones for chavs anyway so put yourself in a catagory :eek:

You must be both! :D

Ha ha Iv'e had both !

Bought a new TT225 in Avus (52 plate) with the 18's & traded it in for a Subaru STI in silver with 18" Prodrive PFF7's (03mdl)

The Audi was by far a better quality car inside & out but the STi was a better drivers car & looked good in its own way (Silver with the grey wheels was different from the common Blue & Gold combo)

The new TT just doesn't look quite right & the new Scoobie is just Yuuuuuuuuuuuck !!!!!!!!!!!

Co.

Sponsored Links
I've had both too and the TT (225bhp coupe I have now) is the better looker but the drive of the scooby a lot better and feels faster, just put up with the hairdresser jokes¬¬

Drive an Impreza wagon, 54 reg (the good looking ones :p ) and yes it's blue but not got the gold wheel yet! :rolleyes:
scoob.jpg

Does everthing for me. It's got the Prodrive performance pack so it's quick. OK maybe not as quick as some these days but I don't need to brag about it in the pub so it will do for me.
I like the looks of it.
It fits in three kids and the wife.
It will pull the box trailer with the trials bike in it without breaking into a sweat and it will fit him........
murph8months.jpg

in the boot along with the Beagle.

Just. :rolleyes:

However looks wise the old TT wins hands down. I had the chance to drive a 3.2 DSG to silverstone a couple of years ago and loved it. Great car in my humble opinion. I Like the shape of the new one too.

BUT won't fit in the kids dogs, tow the trailer............

Dave.

I had an old shape TT from new. Impulse purchase, hated it after three days: impractical, uncomfortable, crap stereo (Bose) system, where the base was drowned out by the road noise and a £10 radio stuck on the dashboard would have been as good, £16/litre synthetic oil as well.

Never washed or serviced it in the three years that I had it. When the time came for it to go, extracted three bin bags full of crap - no mean feat in a TT! - and 86 biros.

New shape looks even more like a hairdresser's car imo.

I had a S4 long ago, the B5 biturbo jobby, on an 99 plate in Nogaro blue...
I hated it because it was heavy, understeared and the brakes were pony.
As said by many, the engine is too far forward.

There was an 05 Exige 255 cup on autotrader not long ago with 12k on the clock, warranty left and fsh for £12K recently - a no brainer if youve £12k and a desire for a real sports car. I drove them at Silverstone not long ago on a freebie, along with a Ferrari 360, a Posche 997, and the Exige was by far the most agile and grippy.

THe old 2.7 bi turbo S4's weren't much good to be honest, the new(er) 4.2 normally aspirated ones are much better, if only they could have a DSG :cry:

I have a V reg Impreza Turbo Wagon with a few subtle upgrades to about 275bhp. I have no idea how I've survived so long without such an all round vehicle. Have just fitted a tow bar to it so I can tow my Westfield with the rear seats down it takes 2 sets of wheels and tyres, full tool kit and jacks etc. The seats are super supportive, engine excellent and nice noise too. And a damm sight better fuel consumption than all of the Range Rovers and V6 capris I used before it.

My best mate has a TT with lots of power and a nice build quality but over tight A roads and the UK's B roads it can't touch my subaru. Plus the seats aren't as supportive. Only let down in the subaru is the quality of the 'standard subaru' trim - plastics everywhere, but then again - its harder to get the hairdressers hair product smell out of the TT too!

As for the looks, totally agree about the spoilered boot Impreza - go for the wagon, plus the look on the chav's face when he's blown away by an estate car towing a race car is awesome!

Zackspeed, I had a v reg wagon before mine. Dark mica blue kept it totally standard. Loved it. :D

Family circumstanses meant that I had to swap it for a new shape bl@@dy Espace which was the worst car I've ever owned. OK to drive but it lived half it's life at the dealers!! :rolleyes:

First chance I got to get rid of the saw my bum firmly back in an Impreza.
Fantastic all round car. :p

I've had a TT and I had an Evo (far superior to a scoob :LOL: ),
The TT looked better but the Evo put a smile on my face everytime I drove it (except for its clutch change at £1.5k)

Hmmm, interesting choice, Subaru or Audi...

First problem with the Subaru and the Audi is that the engine is in the wrong place. Second problem is that the manufacturers seem to have got cars confused with off-roaders and put too many differentials in them. ;)

At 6'2" I'm too big for a Lotus Elise. I tried... believe me, I tried. It was like performing origami on my person just to get through the hole they call a door.

So, I went for an MG TF160. Engine's in the right place, performance is sufficient, I love the drive and I can fit into it no bother. A couple of mates raised eyebrows, but the only negative thing they had to say was "But it's a Rover!!!". On the positive side, that should discourage poseurs and chavs from buying them :LOL:

I've never driven a WRX or a TT Quattro, so couldn't honestly say how it compares against them on the twisties, but it r*pes a Delta HF Integrale Evo on the corners (and doesn't give it an easy time on the straights either!!!). Those cars would both be a lot faster on the motorway, but that kinda defeats the object of 4wd and fancy stability controls.

Of course the limiting factor with most performance cars is the driver, so I'd say you should get what feels best when you try it out.

I once had a really good car. It was really good.

Then I got an even better one. It was even better.

Sponsored Links
Back