Aurora DLL933 - how to open the bulb enclosure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good day everyone,

I have down lighters in my bathroom. An Aurora DLL933.

aurora-downlight-a2-dlm943.jpg

I need to change the bulb. The whole fitting can be removed, but there is no way to access the bulb as it seems to be a sealed unit behind the glass. Anyone with any ideas? It doesn't resemble any other halogen light or bulb that I've come across before. Nightmare.

Already e-mail Aurora support but no reply.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I can see retaining clips inside so it might just prise off with a flat screwdriver.

I have a couple of the same down lighters.

You just pull the bezel down - the glass and lamp will come with it and the white casing will stay where it is.

I can see retaining clips inside so it might just prise off with a flat screwdriver.

Hi, there is no screws, the metal circle you can see doesn't have any fitting - just polished metal surface.

I have a couple of the same down lighters.

You just pull the bezel down - the glass and lamp will come with it and the white casing will stay where it is.

Hi, Thanks for your response.

I tried to pull it every possible way there is... I was able to remove the whole capsule out of the ceiling but couldn't open it.

I am sorry to ask but is there any way you can make a picture of how does it look opened? So I at least I would know how it suppose to look.

Thanks for all your responses guys, appreciate your help.

Sponsored Links
Having checked mine are DLM413 or DLM411 down lights.

I can't see any reference to DLL933 on the Aurora website.

The one I have looks very similar and the inner part with the lamp just comes out quite easily when the bezel is pulled.

If the whole fitting comes out when you pull the bezel then I'd guess that there's a thread or lock tabs involved and that you need to twist the bezel before it will withdraw.

If you're stuck you could call Aurora's help line.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back