auto air vents

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hiya all, we have lived with problem in our house for 3 years now, (air in x2 rads) had x2 plumbing heating engs out all of which cant see any problems - had a aerjec fitted that didnt do anything.

was thinking about putting x2 air vents on the culprits? any one have any history, of these ( i know it masks the problem) had it drained twise and additive fitted to stop corrosion
we have to bleed the x2 every week and its highly annoying!!

thanks

Sponsored Links
Can you 'light' the 'air' released from the radiators. If you can, then it is hydrogen gas being produced by corrosion and not 'air'.
Yes, I can see thet you have added inhibitor but it is a check worth making.

If this is the case, then you should take a different action then just letting it out manually or automatically.

andytw

tried to light it before didnt didnt do it

as i say, 2 heating engs and a plumber have both looked at this.

i even thought about having it convereted to a sealed system?

Sponsored Links
checked that as well, all seems to be fine up there! not pumping over even been checked by a plumber and b/g heating eng.

plumbers new suggestion is a air bottle ??

thoughts please.

sealed system, drain it and put a test bucket it on it, then chop it over if all fine.

its not a sealed system it has a vent tank in the roof, this is the plumbers latest suggestion to solve the on going problem...

where would you put these air bottles please ?

thanks, are you suggesting convering to sealed system as well??

im not actually sure our new boiler can be converted to a new system,

its a baxi main he boiler, that is 3 year old (condensing)

I'd go with the air bottle solution. Always had one in my system and never had a minute's problem with air in rads. All the air is extracted via the air bottle (fitted close to the boiler in the flow pipe) and vented straight off.
Nothing complicated.

^^^^ THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENTS

are you on a sealed system of a open vent system ???

its funny you should say that when i have read the baxi instuctions it mentions air vent were you advise.

will speak to plumber again thanks :)

If that last question was pointed at me ... I have an open vent system .... and never had any issues with air as it's all extracted before it circulates round the system. Has to be better than any other solution in my view. Needs no maintenance as there is nothing in it to go wrong!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back