what is wrong with my heating system (air)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hiya all, ive had every man and his dog out to look at my heating system all suggesting different things (so confussed to say the least) we had a aerjec fitted that didnt do anything in my eyes, as we have to bleed x2 rads every 2 weeks has happened for 3 years now since the boiler was fitted (when we moved in) ive draw a diagram and ive enclosed the orginal instructions,

any help appreciated, thanks

Sponsored Links
Does your system layout meet the minimum requirements of the MI's, I can't tell from your drawing.
If you repipe like this, it will never draw in any air. It's a combined feed and vent and as long as your boiler MI's allow it, then this may be the answer to your problems:- View media item 29821

thanks for your suggestion the local company was suggesting combining the vent and feed, but i didnt really understand it, so i went with the air jec (although that turned out to be the wrong thing) were to i find the messurements ?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Since the boiler is new simply go to a sealed system. An easy kit to fit.

A header tank has no place in a modern heating system.

I never fit vented boilers.

we have to bleed x2 rads every 2 weeks has happened for 3 years now since the boiler was fitted (when we moved in) ive draw a diagram and ive enclosed the orginal instructions,

Is it air or hydrogen (search the archives)????????

thanks for your suggestion the local company was suggesting combining the vent and feed, but i didnt really understand it, so i went with the air jec (although that turned out to be the wrong thing) were to i find the messurements ?

thanks

Professionals make a suggestion but you ignore it and buy something else?

Could be that you wanted a free diagnosis?

Did the local company come and examine your system?

If so how much did they charge?

Tony

thanks

Professionals make a suggestion but you ignore it and buy something else?

Could be that you wanted a free diagnosis?

Did the local company come and examine your system?

If so how much did they charge?

Tony

yes they did come and suggest the combin vent and feed they didnt really know so suggest this as an idea

this is why i dont know what to do for best

combine vent and feed ?
sealed system ?
Sealed - unless the pipework is mostly inacessible - you can get leaks due to the extra pressure

Combined F/V or seal it as suggested. Either way it will solve your problem. If you are worried about leaks(I can see from previous posts of yours) that you are, then don't go down the sealed route.
The aerjec does combine the F/V, but it leaves an open vent for air to get in. The other methods don't. Over and out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back