Auto-fillers? where?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Where are these auto-fillers I keep reading about? I've never seen one for sale or installed.

Can someone provide a link please?

Ta

Sponsored Links
do they comply with water byelaws? If you have a leak on a sealed system they how will you find out until the ceiling collapses or your metered water supply bill comes in at a massive amount! Are these really such a good idea?

Sponsored Links
I'm sure they don't meet UK water regs.

Its just a PRV and an NRV.

Water regs say there has to be an air gap, thus auto refillers over here typically have a break tank and pump.

I think Mikrofill have another patented way of doing it too.

I came across a clever one in a rented flat two weeks ago.

It has no filling loop but instead a knob valve, a solenoid valve and a pressure switch.

It only fills when the knob valve is opened and the solenoid is only open until the pressure reaches one bar.

So the tenant cannot overfill !

The Bangladeshi landlord has 240 properties and must save thousands on repairs with the benefit of that little device costing about £35 installed per boiler.

Tony

usually if i can i use a standard prv set at 1 bar fit it on the filling loop, so instead of running up and down stairs every couple of minutes refilling the system i can leave the filling loop open.

Where are these auto-fillers I keep reading about? I've never seen one for sale or installed.

Can someone provide a link please?

Ta

http://www.arrowvalves.co.uk/productdetail.php?id=2

I'm fairly certain the one posted by Planet Thanet doesn't comply with UK Water Regulations, but can't be bothered to look it up. Not sure whether a double check valve is still legal for houses.

The Arrow Valves job is a type BA back-flow prevention device, with a reduced pressure zone valve to prevent back-siphonage of Category 4 fluid into the water mains. It should be installed and commissioned by a competent person.

Pressurization units have a break tank (type A air gap), a pumps to pump water into the system and high and low pressure switches.

If you intend to fit any one of these to top-up a leaking system, the problem will multiply a hundred-fold and will haunt you forever.

They come as standard on the Gledhill Gulfstream boiler/unvented tank!!!!

Seems like a good idea, does away with end users running the system dry after bleeding a system, however does away with pumping over and drawing air.

Hi

Wasn't sure that was the product Elite Heat was after.
Now I know it is I would agree that it is a potential nighmare if the system has a leak. I wouldn't fit one.
AFAIK double check is approved for domestic.

Thanet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back