Automatic Air Vent on T2 Topway Heating Manifold - LEAK

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After noticing a drop in pressure on the boiler I later found (after noticing a wet ceiling) a leak coming from the techno-varia auto air vent 1/2 on our central heating manifold (please see attached photos). The grey automatic vent (rather than black manual vent) was the source. I have since screwed the automatic part shut to stop the leak in the meantime. Could this have worked loose, or should I replace the whole unit to be sure? I have found it for sale for not much more than £5 but wondered what peoples thoughts were? Thank you.

20211102_161503.jpg
20211102_161515.jpg

Sponsored Links
they are all cheap rubbish, just leave the cap screwed down, and only open it when you have drained and refilled the system, or for air lock problems, then close it again, all makes are poor

Hi Patroller, did you ever replace the auto air vent or simply close it as suggested by ianmcd?

I've just found that my Emmeti auto air vent (similar looking to yours) has been leaking for at least 2 weeks, since the bathroom UFH started coming on again. What a mess of the carpet, underlay and flooring it has made in the bottom of the built-in wardrobe in which the manifold is installed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back