Automatic bypass valve with underfloor heating mixer valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have almost completed the "wet" side of installing my underfloor heating system up to the point that I have been running it on a low setting, from an air source heat pump to assist in drying my liquid screed floor. So far however, for safety I have also had my radiator zone enabled so that a non TRV radiator can bypass water to the boiler if it is required. What I'm not sure about though is if it actually requires a bypass on the underfloor heating circuit or does the mixing valve on the manifold always flow from and back to the boiler. I sort of understand that a proportion of the water in the underfloor pipes is recirculated if a lower temperature than that provided by the boiler is required but I am unsure if this means that at any point the mixing valve could actually stop flow to an from the boiler? I will also install automatic valves to each circuit at a later date and they will be controlled by individual thermostats so I wonder too if that means the flow could be reduced to an unsafe level for the boiler if they were all to close prior to the main UFH zone valve closing and switching off the contacts for heat request.
Thanks in advance
pipes.jpg
IMG_0035.JPG

Sponsored Links
Something I have just thought about is that the installer fitted what I believe is a low loss header. Does that negate the requirement for an automatic bypass valve?
IMG_9507.JPG

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back