AVG Scan!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had some probs with my pc lately and thought I would do a scan in safe mode as it froze on me a few times aswell while browsing etc.

The result were as follows --

C:\Boot\BCD Locked file. Not tested.
C:\Boot\BCD.LOG Locked file. Not tested.
C:\Documents and Settings\ Locked file. Not tested.
C:\pagefile.sys Locked file. Not tested.
C:\ProgramData\Desktop\ Locked file. Not tested.
C:\ProgramData\Documents\ Locked file. Not tested.
C:\ProgramData\Favorites\ Locked file. Not tested.
C:\ProgramData\Templates\ Locked file. Not tested.
C:\System Volume Information\ Locked file. Not tested.
C:\Users\Default\AppData\Local\History\ Locked file. Not tested.
C:\Users\Default\Documents\My Music\ Locked file. Not tested.
C:\Users\Default\Documents\My Pictures\ Locked file. Not tested.
C:\Users\Default\Documents\My Videos\ Locked file. Not tested.
---------------------------------------------------------
Does this mean these file were not tested?
Am I doing the scan wrong or right?

Sponsored Links
Some files will be locked for O/S use and others listed are legacy locations which are now just anchor points in your O/S (Vista or 7). If you had nothing else reported, I wouldn't worry too much.

Surely the OP's documents, music, pictures, videos etc shouldn't be locked for a virus scan though? I certainly wouldn't have thought that running a full virus scan should encounter any files or folders that are locked and therefore not scanned. Surely the whole point of running a full scan is exactly that,, A full scan. ;)

Surely the OP's documents, music, pictures, videos etc shouldn't be locked for a virus scan though? I certainly wouldn't have thought that running a full virus scan should encounter any files or folders that are locked and therefore not scanned. Surely the whole point of running a full scan is exactly that,, A full scan. ;)

They're not. On Vista/7 those locations cannot be accessed, there is nothing there, they are not directories.

Sponsored Links

None of the locations listed contain the User's documents.

Throughout the scan it had the same locked file. not tested.

It did'nt pick anything up, but my emails are going a bit funny, I keep getting Emails to myself with all my contacts Emails in the message.

And today one of my contacts also got the same Emails from me .

Strange and my account has been suspended/locked till the hotmail people can sort out what is happening I presume, I hav'nt heard out from them tho.

Seems to happen a lot with Hotmail. Change your email address and/or passwords.

What problems can this be caused by and does someone benefit from doing this kind of thing ie.( send stupid e'mails back to me and my contacts).

I think I'm officially having a bad( or horribillus ) anus :rolleyes:

Good news My Email address has been re-opened today, I would'nt like it to happen again tho.

Normally this seems to be a virus type which steals your passwords and sends spam email to your address book.

This happened to a friend when she was on holiday and had left her computer off.

On her return she changed her email passwords and so far its all OK again.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Back