B A E Corruption scandal

To me, the nature of the business involved here is irrelevant..

What is vitally inportant is that for the first demonstrable time we have had government action that effectively says we no longer have an independant judiciary!!

Think about all the times the UK has accused 'banana republics' of not respecting the rule of law..well as far as I'm concerned, we are now no better!

Sponsored Links
What I am trying to say is that we have given in to blackmail ,and that it will come back to haunt us.
Where is the devious Blair today, yes, trying to salvage his reputation in the middle east.
If it was any other country our MPs would be ranting and raving about morality and ethics.

Well I'm over the moon. :LOL:

There are something like 10,000 jobs that have now probably been secured in BAE Systems as a consequence of the SFO buggering off out of it. Plus about 1200 suppliers and subcontract companies will be kept afloat. Which is another one hell of a lot of people.

In my opinion it is absolutely ridiculous that this number of jobs should have been put on the line over some perceived 'backhanders'. Does this government really want to kill the UK manufacturing/defence industry? Does it want us all on the dole? Does a company director taking a customer to lunch class as bribery now?

I know that these aircraft are 'military' and that is perceived as being not very nice, but if we can build them in the UK, and do a bloody good job of it, then why the hell shouldn't we be able to export the product?

Sponsored Links
And...if we did'nt do it the froggies would ! Bet they are well ****ed off (the froggies) that we finally admit to being as bent as the rest of the world......

Back