[b]Glow Worm Space Saver 50 Boiler[/b]

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Glow Work space saver 50 boiler which has a faulty valve. We have been advised that the ITT Maclaren valve is not availble but a replacement call SIT 820 Nova is recommended by Glow Worm. Our gas fitter says that it is too big and will not fit. Does anyone know who is correct or of any special fitting tips for this? Thank you.

Sponsored Links
As far as i am aware you will need written permission from makers to put on an alternative gas valve.Try spares by post on 0116 2503128 as they may have some left

I replyed to another thread recently with the same dilemma but I repeat what I said there.
I recently had to replace the valve on a Glowie and I rang Parts Center(HRPC) and they provided me with a nice spanking one for I think £70+VAT
ITT Mclaren valve has now become Johnson and the knob is blue instead of brown.
If you wanted you could just fit a Honeywell V8600, which is the same size but I didnt say that and Weareleeds is completely correct in what he is saying.
If Glowie send you a written confirmation of alteration or send one of their engineers to do it for you then sorted.

Stan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back