B&Q interior doors and their treatment...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anybody tell me exactly what product or products to use to bring about at least approximately the same finish to the display interior doors which at B&Q are displayed pretreated but the ones you buy are untreated?

I've tried asking twice at B&Q and the most inventive answer I've been offered so far is "Sorry, they come from the manufacturer like that and we've no way of finding out exactly what treatment they use".

Beeswax, Danish Oil, varnish, coloured varnish, yacht varnish, lacquer; more than one of the above? I'm confused at the sheer number of products to choose from and there are no pretreated sample boards in B&Q!

Sponsored Links
Yea come on forum, he asked his question literally 12 hours ago on a Sunday night, what are all you lazy posters doing? I don't know what this forum is coming to? And he always says please and thank you too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back