Back boiler problem!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Iv got a back boiler in my house, its been working fine for many years, now i get hot radiheaters downstairs but not upstairs, what could be the problem?

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
Lack of water in header tank?

Sludge?

Pump?

See the FAQ

Tony

[quote="Agile";p="1991105"]Lack of water in header tank?

Sludge?

Pump?

See the FAQ

Tony[/quote]

Very helpful.

Isham, (is thay your location btw?), your problem is the reverse of the normal reported problem, have you posted correctly?

Assuming you have, is this a fairly old system, and is the pump beside the boiler? if so, you may have a tee, one end feeding downstairs circuit, the other going upstairs. You maay have a garavity check valve which may be blocked and/or jammed. If I am correct, you WON@T have pipe dropping down to (downsatairs) radiators, but they will be visibly run around the walss or coming up from the floor.

Please let us all know.

Sponsored Links
thanks for all your feedback guys, the pump had jammed on a bit of dirt or sludge, just turned the pump manually and it started to work again.

Thanks once again[/quote]

1sham2";p="1992332 said:
thanks for all your feedback guys, the pump had jammed on a bit of dirt or sludge, just turned the pump manually and it started to work again.

1sham2, can you confirm that your DOWNSTAIRS rads were getting warm, but upstairs were cold.? Weird.

expertgasman";p="1992399 said:

1sham2, can you confirm that your DOWNSTAIRS rads were getting warm, but upstairs were cold.? Weird.

sorry the downstairs rads were cold and upstairs were warm, yes i bled all the rads

turn off all upstairs rads

What for, he's fixed it. Sticky pump. I was just asking because I was the second respondee, and at that point I questioned wether he had posted incorrectly. If he'd responded at that time, the next responde waould have suggested a dodgy pumo or AGCV. As he didn't........

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back