Back Boiler problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently moved into a rented house. Back boiler is heating upstairs but they cut the pipe connecting downstairs due to central heating being installed into the house. I was wondering if there is any way to get it connected downstairs again.

It's a Grant back boiler. I'm 23 and have no clue about plumbing and Landlord is saying that nothing can be done but I think he's just trying save himself money

Sponsored Links
I know it's not my property but if I could find a solution and suggest it to him maybe he would do it.

Sponsored Links
Isn't his solution to replace it with a central heating system.

sorta but the back boiler is still working upstairs and would be great when you had a fire on for it to work both levels of the house

Then that really is a total waste of energy. He is trying to install a central heating system in the house, so that it will warm the property efficiently.

Personally, I think you should let him get on with it and forget the back boiler, since it is likely to be removed anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back