Back Boiler Query

You now seem to have posted about FIVE different threads all on similar stove topics!

Dont you realise that asking ALL your queries in the same thread is your best way to get useful answers?

Sponsored Links
hi i need some advice
we have just moved in to our new home that has back boiler , i am wondering can you turn just heating on without turning the hotwater, as there is a small unit with tappers one for hot water and central heating , i try to just turn the central heating on the other tapper (hot water ) moves with it . but if i just turn hot water on it ok . any solution how to just turn the central heating on not the hot water .

Thanks in advance

Hi

I have just bought a house with a stove back boiler. After lighting it up and turning on the water pump, the radiators warm up to just above room temp and the hot water tank is the same or colder.

The copper pipes from the back boiler just get luke warm.

Should the water be pumped from the top of the back boiler or bottom?

Should the pump be pumping water away from the back boiler?

When I put the pump on is sounds like water is dripping in the back boiler and therefore may have an air lock, if so how do I get rid of the air lock, is there a way to bleed the boiler or air?

I have attached 2 images, hopefully these help abit. the pump pumps away from the stove and the pipe is connected to the bottom of the back boiler

//media.diynot.com/195000_194201_51374_76285139_thumb.jpg
//media.diynot.com/195000_194201_51375_76258404_thumb.jpg

Thank You

You cannot do it with that timeclock.

You may or may not be able to do it even with a new timeclock.

It all depends on how your system is configured.

Good idea to get boiler serviced and controls explained when you buy a property.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back