Back box screw hole positions

The edge of the body is even chamfered to assist the removal.

upload_2020-4-5_19-33-46.png

Sponsored Links
View attachment 187845

Levering out the yellow bit requires that the little arm at the bottom of that picture pops back inside the box; does that really happen without it breaking off?

Yes, and it’s useful to know that! But that doesn’t cause anything to stick out behind the body of the box, so you don’t need any extra depth.

You can get it into the hole yes, but then you need to push them back before pushing them out, and it’s at this point that you need the extra depth:

View attachment 187846
You are correct the Applyby box does need the extra space behind, I had exactly the same problem at the weekend when changing a single for a double. Lucky I was able to drill some of the Batten away to create the space, this is a pic of the box I removed:
upload_2020-4-6_3-49-5.jpeg

Sadly no markings but it is likely to have come from Homebase some 25 years ago.

I will warn though the posts in the corners prevented me using it for a LAP FCU

Reading Your post again I see you have a solution Ignore my last.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back