1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Backlight Issue Asus X52F?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by misterhelpful, 16 Jan 2017.

1. misterhelpful

misterhelpful

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi all,

Last week I closed my laptop, as usual, but when I opened it the next morning I had what I thought was the black screen of death.

After a bit of fiddling and searching, I realised the screen was actually on but almost black. I searched through posts here and shone a bright light on the screen to see if it was on.

Apparently, it's likely to be a backlight issue, but my concern is whether it is actually broken or if there is a system fault that is causing it not to work.
    The reason for this is that, when I shone a light on the screen, I could see that there was a message saying the system was unable to start. It suggested using system repair to fix the problem so I did so. The computer started up but the black screen remained. (Trying to attach images but my phone isn't cooperating!)

After connecting to a external monitor, the computer is working fine, so I'm puzzled as to why I received the message about the system being unable to start.

Would a broken/failed backlight stop the computer from starting up or would the failure to start up cause a fault with the backlight that could be rectified?

Any ideas?

Cheers,
    mrH :confused:

Attached Files:

2. Sponsored Links
  3. darkan9el

darkan9el

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    The unable to start part may have been created by shutting down the system improperly and that triggers a repair flag, if the external monitor is working it's likely to be a faulty screen or a loose cable