Bad mobile signal at home

Reaction score
Country
Belarus
Hi everyone!
This is almost my first experience of writing on forums, so probably I will ask a question that was already asked, maybe, hundred times.
My situation is the following: I ‘ve got a cabin out of the sity, but mobile coverage there is really poor. I can make calls, but very often we can’t hear each other. I would like to have at least mobile Internet.
So I would like to know if there is something to improve mobile signal. Guys, who knows some solutions? I will appreciate your help.
Thank you

Sponsored Links
i'm guessing you don't have a wired internet connection? if you do then some networks offer a mini-mast which uses your internet connection to connect to their system and it broadcasts a very low power 3G signal for use around your site.

otherwise, your only real option is satellite

Have you tried googling " how to improve your mobile signal " there seems to be a lot of info.

Sponsored Links
i'm guessing you don't have a wired internet connection? if you do then some networks offer a mini-mast which uses your internet connection to connect to their system and it broadcasts a very low power 3G signal for use around your site.

otherwise, your only real option is satellite

Read more: //www.diynot.com/diy/threads/bad-mobile-signal-at-home.470816/#ixzz4QAXXY1Yp

Yes, I do not have any wired connections. So the option is (as I see it) to amplify the signal in a way you said about those mini-masts. But my operator does not provide it. Are there any other devices that can amplify the weal mobile signal?

Don't rule out the possibility of your phone aerial being at fault. An employer gave us all Alcatel works mobile phones a few years ago. They were so bad re: the aerials on them they got sent back and swapped for Nokias.

Don't rule out the possibility of your phone aerial being at fault. An employer gave us all Alcatel works mobile phones a few years ago. They were so bad re: the aerials on them they got sent back and swapped for Nokias.

Read more: //www.diynot.com/diy/threads/bad-mobile-signal-at-home.470816/#ixzz4QB59anm2

The phone works well as it is supposed to work in the city or wherever with good coverage. It's just the problem of my distantly located house

I found the way out. I was advised to make some research about mobile signal boosters. Previously, I've never heard about them. So this device amplifies weak signal (what I really needed). Well, I decided to order one of this things. Will receive it in a few days. But I was strongly convinced by many people that it would solve the problem, in case I would buy the right one. As far as I understood, your operator frequencies, coverage zone and the signal you want to improve are the key moment when you buy one. I will test it soon. If any problems occur, I will let everyone know hear.
Thank you for all your answers

Hi, it's me again :) I'd like to write a few words and share my experience of using mobile signal booster (almost a month passed).
Well, I ordered one at huaptec.eu. This is a Chinese booster producer, but what impressed me is that they have a warehouse in Germany. They have high prices (as it seems to me), but, as they say, it's reasonable, as the quality is great. Moreover, before I ordered one, I had read articles on the site, they are very useful. Especially I like the so called guide how to understand all those mobile frequencies https://www.huaptec.eu/en/resource-...understand-what-frequency-your-phone-receives. Or you may easily find your country and figure out what booster you need (according to mentioned there frequencies) https://www.huaptec.eu/en/mobile-provider-frequencies/EU-mobile-operators-and-their-frequencies.
So, I got the one that amplifies two signals - calls and 3g internet. They call these devices dual band. What I have now: calls are clear, signal is stable (before they were really lousy). Internet is quite great (at least, I can easily surf and read).
Conclusion: this huaptec company with their hiboost repeaters is a good choice if you want to buy a signal repeater. I know, I sound subjective, but this is only my opinion about the device that solved my mobile problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back