Bad plumber = leak and more. WC connector help please.

Found a photo of the connection to the existing stack. It's a mechanical coupling like the one in the link below. The old pan was located to the left of the room so the connection was a straight one. Cast came straight in to the room and connected to pan. The plumber cut this back and connected to it with the below.

https://www.drainagesuperstore.co.u...e-ductile-coupling-with-continuity-100mm.html

Don't think i have much choice but to stick with the existing connection height.

Thanks though.

I'm now thinking i'll put a plinth under the loo which will raise it enough to allow a straight pan connector rather than 18mm offset connector that the 'plumber' installed.

Bah!

Perhaps you might find a pan with a slightly higher foot-spigot(outlet) distance.

Best of luck.

Sponsored Links
Anyone know if the terracotta pipe will be solvent welded in or is it push fit? The female end (grey) says 110mm pp/tpe?

I cant seem to pull out the terracotta pipe but was under the impression that PP wasnt to be solvent welded?

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0440.JPG
    IMG_0440.JPG
    249.2 KB · Views: 44

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back