Pan connector for close coupled toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've recently bought a close coupled toilet which fits lush to the wall. I have attempted to install using a flexible pan connector but with great difficulty due to the fittings being concealed.

When I flushed the toilet I discovered that the pan connector was not fitted securely when the water leaked all over the floor. I suspect the flexible pan connector is not long enough to fit properly. Unfortunately, I cant remove or change this due to the bathroom being fully tiled. It is possible to fit an extension to the toilet and connect to the flexible connector? Could anybody recommend anything? The last thing I want to do is start pulling up tiles..

Sponsored Links
Flexible connectors are revolting things. Where is the existing soil pipe in relation to the pan outlet spigot and what was the former connector?

Hi, thanks for the reply. The existing soil pipe is behind a false wall which has already been tiled. The flexible connector has been fitted to the soil pipe, which runs 90 degrees away rom the toilet. I wrongly assumed that to connector would stretch and reach the pan.

Doesn't the soil pipe protrude through the tiles?
Can you fit a straight extension piece connector into it with a 90' connector from the pan into that?

Sponsored Links
No, the soil pipe is concealed behind the tiles. The flexi connector is attached to the soil pipe which protrudes through the tiles. The problem I have is that it is not long enough to attached to the pan. I need some sort of extension from the pan to the flexi?

You need a small length of soil pipe connect to your existing soil pipe to potrude thru the tiles and then connect your flexi to that . seemples

Yeah thought of that but I am looking for a simple fix that avoids having to remove tilles to access the soil pipe? Was hoping that I could get an extension to stick on to the pan?

If it was not for people who tile everywhere then I would be happy to work on plumbing in bathrooms!

"Author of your own misfortune"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back