Balance of storage and panel heaters

rlc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a top floor flat (in a block of 4) and am looking to replace the somewhat old combination of storage and panel heaters with the dimplex DuoHeat range. I was thinking of splitting the heating as follows having gone with the dimplex "help me choose":

Lounge - 5 * 3.73m, 1 external wall (fit duo500i)
Bed 1 - 3.75 * 3.6m, 2 ext wall (fit duo400i)
Bed 2 - 4.38 * 3.2m, 1 ext wall (fit duo400i)

Kitchen - 3 * 3.2m, 2 ext wall (fit evx200)
Bathroom - 1.7 * 1.3m, 1 ext wall (fit evx075)

Small hallway 3 * 1.5m (fit duo300i)

I was wondering if there is a better combination that anyone could advise i.e would be a better option to fit the bedrooms with evx200 as this may provide a more instant heat option should it be needed, however once the flat is balanced the need for instant heat may not be required.

Unfortunately I have not experience of living in the property as yet as I am in the process of doing it up before I can move in. Loft insulation will be ~270mm depth in the loft when it's done.

Is my proposal somewhat backwards in thinking as there is gas into the property although my budget is quite tight, the duo option above may be 2k lower than a GCH system so I would prefer the replacement route if I could be sure my calculations are adequate to keep it warm.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Why not have a look here before you do anything?
These heaters are very cost efficient and used in conjunction with the Cyclope could be a real benefit to you.

Before you look at any rads at all, you should carry out heat loss calculations. There is no point in buying a heater that is too big for its room (waste of money) or buying one that is too small (for obvious reasons).

Go to the plumbers forum and ask about heat loss calcs or do some other online research.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies - I used the dimplex "how much heat do I need" online calculator to come up with the proposed combination - it used outside walls, window area etc so I think it probably is accurate but I'll hop to the plumbing section to firm all this up.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back