Installing panel heater

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, looking for some advice on replacing my old Dimplex storage heater which has given up the ghost, with a new Dimplex 800w panel heater. The old storage heater is connected to a wall switch with a removable 13amp fuse on the front of it. The new panel heater comes fitted with a 13amp plug.
I want to remove the plug, and connect it directly to the wall socket, just like the old one. However, i've noticed that the flex on the new heater appears to be thinner than the one on the storage heater. Will this still be safe to wire up in the same way?
Many thanks,
Alan

Sponsored Links
Excellent, that's all I needed to know. Thanks for the quick reply. Great forum this by the way !

bear in mind though that the oulet used for the storage heater is only likely to be powered at night.

Sponsored Links
Really? . . . How on earth do I get round that problem to have heat available at anytime?

Trace the feed cable back to the mains and re-connect it into your standard CU.

you should find two consumer units, one for the off peak and one for the peak.

wait until off peak power is on and then start pulling fuses one at a time from the off peak CU until you find which one is powering your outlet, then move the cuircuit over to the normal CU (or get an electrican to do it if you are at all unsure about working on the CUs)

Thanks for the advice and enlightenment people, much appreciated.

I'm thinking I might need to get an Electrician round to do this however, as i've never been confident working with electrics.

One final question on the subject, once this work has been done, does this mean that ALL my storage heaters throughout the house will be powered in the same manner, or just the one that I am working on?

Many thanks once again.

depends how things are wired, usually each storage heater is on its own circuit but sometimes there are a couple on one circuit.

Excellent, i'll let you know how I get on once i've got hold of a sparky, probably be next week now though.

Cheers.

Ancient thread resurrected with trench heater spam.

Vеrano must be the worst heaters in the world if they need to resort to forum spam to sell them.

I dropped the idea of standard panel radiatros as something like climaconvectors had shown up on the market. They are much more convenient during every season.

Brilliant, you have dug up a nine year old topic, for no purpose :rolleyes:

Nicola does have a lot of work to do.

PS, Flameport you are right. Verano must be the worst product out there, and funded by us too :mad:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back