Balcony Render Advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, hoping someone can advise on best option please.

We are doing a GRP roof on this balcony as it was previously leaking.

We are fitting OSB boards at the moment but debating what ideally we should use to render the surrounding wall down to the floor area.

We plan on bringing up the GRP up to the existing render line and was thinking adding a strip of stainless steel mesh over it and then render down to the bottom with maybe just standard mortar or one of the Sika aggregate options (monotop maybe).

Any other suggestions please?

Appreciate any help in advance.
Many thanks!

upload_2022-5-7_12-33-33.jpeg

Sponsored Links
i’d tile the wall area.
Hi, thanks for reply, problem with tiles is there isn’t a natural end point so I don’t think will look great as they will be protruding noticeably also previously there were kind of upstanding at the bottom and they started cracking due to movement so trying to keep it simply with probably some render option I think, just not sure what option is best, whether to go some a Sika option etc…

Thanks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back