Ball valve float attachment

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The threaded part of the float ball attachment on my cold water tank's ball valve has snapped and that's causing constant overflow of water. The float arm is one of those 90 degree types and the float attachment is a sliding type but can't be removed from the arm because the arm tapers wider at the bottom.

I could replace the entire ball valve but that seems overkill for the problem and getting to the cotter pin holding the float arm in situ is near impossible.

What I need is something that screws into a float ball and can be firmly clipped somehow to the float arm. Does anyone know if such an accessory exists, I've searched the DIY sites but possibly can't find it because I don't know what it would be called.

Sponsored Links
Doubt it, it's dead easy to replace entire valve, easiest if you can get to the larger brass union that the ball valve connects to the 15mm supply however.

Sponsored Links

What I need is something that screws into a float ball and can be firmly clipped somehow to the float arm.
Does anyone know if such an accessory exists, I've searched the DIY sites but possibly can't find it because I don't know what it would be called.

What you need is exactly what you have broken.

You have to buy a new ball valve and file/grind the shaft so that you can change over the sliding attachment which screws into the valve.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back