Bandsaws

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning everyone, I am looking at getting a new bandsaw and cant really make my mind up! I have a fairly small budget as its just for using at home every now and then so I was looking at the small axminster one but really fancy a slighty larger depth of cut (woodturning) I am now looking at the 'Fox F28-186 Bandsaw' it is only a light duty machine and the motor is rather small but it has a 6" cut, 3 year warranty and is only £175. What im looking for is anyone who has used this machine or might have one who can give me a review of it as i cant find any on the web and my local dealer doesnt keep the saw in stock so i can even look at it before buying. any opinons people?
cheers james

Sponsored Links
I don't know the model you are refering to but have used other bandsaws in the past . It's something I'd like myself if there was room.
I've used small machines and also large industrial types, the last one I used was from a butchers and had a stainless steel bed but still cut timber beautifully. The one conclusion I can make from using different machines is to go for the largest you can afford/fit in and keep several blades to give you the flexability, a large machine will run a narrow blade but a small machine won't take a wide blade.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back