Axminster Tools

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys and Gals,

I need to replace an old bandsaw and buy a drill press. I am not a pro, but am a keen hobbyist/DIYer. I don't do too much really heavy work, mainly small woodwork projects and the occasional bit of light metal work.

Has anybody had any experience with Axminster tools??

Their kit looks really nice, particularly for the price and it seems to tick all the right boxes.

The alternatives, as far as I can see, are Chinese cheapies from MachineMart or Record stuff from Screwfix.

Any help gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
Thanks B-A,

Both sites are great for bits and bobs, but unless I am missing something, they don't do the larger pieces of equipment... No bandsaws or drill presses :(

sorry yes for the consumables and smaller machiness a comparison :D

Sponsored Links
the axminster stuff is good. I have a cast iron tabled planer thicknesser which is great and i've had for 6 faultless years. I also have a drill press of theirs

Thanks, I actually bought a bandsaw and drill press from Record using a local dealer - early days, but so far I am very pleased with both of them.

I ordered a few bits and pieces from Axminster - drum sander and a few drill bits - their service was faultless, delivery the next day and everything perfectly packaged and very good kit indeed. I will be using them again!!

(particularly as they seem to be cheaper than Screwfix :))

All mine are knackered.....could be described as a 'sh agged pile'

Sorry, couldn't resist. :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back