banging and air in system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, hope you can help,i am a novice so please bear with me.
I have an Myson economist boiler which i think is a closed system ( it is a y system(?)).
I have water tank in airing cupboard upstairs with grundfos pump.
Any way last night i heard loud banging coming from the pipes surrounding the hot water tank and assumed there was air in system.
i turned of heating and then turned it back on, within 0.5 min loud banging and rushing sounds were coming from pipes near to water tank.
Have tried to bleed the system( of air) starting from bottom radiators and then rads upstairs then from pump and then from release valve next to hot water tank. There was a lot of air in the system. Have turned on heating about ten times and have released air from hot water valve. There was no air in the rads but air is still being released from hot water valve.Checked hot water header tank and there was hot water in it.
Could it be boiler stat or the pump as it is quite old.
It sounds daft but I cant tell if pump is working i think it may not.
Recently have noticed that hot water has been very very hot at times
which makes me think it may be stat (it is set at about 55 C).
Replies very much appreciated!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back